||3 weeks ago|
|CMakeModules||1 month ago|
|Doc||9 months ago|
|SpaceCadetPinball||3 weeks ago|
|game_resources||3 weeks ago|
|.gitattributes||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||1 month ago|
|CMakeLists.txt||3 weeks ago|
|CMakeSettings.json||1 month ago|
|LICENSE||9 months ago|
|README.md||4 weeks ago|
Summary: Reverse engineering of
3D Pinball for Windows – Space Cadet, a game bundled with Windows.
How to play: Place compiled executable into a folder containing original game resources (not included).
Supports data files from Windows and Full Tilt versions of the game.
Known source ports:
Platforms covered by this project: desktop Windows and Linux.
2A5B525E0F631BB6107639E2A69DF15986FB0D05) and its public PDB
CADET.EXE32bit version from
Full Tilt! Pinball(SHA-1
What was done:
- All structures were populated, globals and locals named.
- All subs were decompiled, C pseudo code was converted to compilable C++. Loose (namespace?) subs were assigned to classes.
C++11 and depends on
Download and unpack devel packages for
Set paths to them in CMakeLists.txt, see suggested placement in /Libs.
Compile with Visual Studio; tested with 2019.
Install devel packages for
Compile with CMake; tested with GCC 10, Clang 11.
Decompile original game Resizable window, scaled graphics Loader for high-res sprites from CADET.DAT
- Misc features of Full Tilt: 3 music tracs, multiball, centered textboxes, etc.
- Cross-platform port
- Using SDL2, SDL2_mixer, ImGui
- Maybe: Android port
- Maybe x2: support for other two tables
- Table specific BL (control interactions and missions) is hardcoded, othere parts might be also patched
On 64-bit bug that killed the game:
I did not find it, decompiled game worked in x64 mode on the first try.
It was either lost in decompilation or introduced in x64 port/not present in x86 build.
Based on public description of the bug (no ball collision), I guess that the bug was in